- I was playing with my wife.
- I didn’t know the Course Rating.
- I didn’t know the Slope Rating.
- I was in another state.
- I was playing in a match and picked up twice.
- I only played 16 holes.
- I just got lucky.
- My club takes only home-course scores.
- The tees weren’t really the blues and they weren’t really the whites so there was no course rating.
- I was on vacation.
- I don’t turn in scores from Myrtle Beach.
- We were bumping the ball.
- We played the back nine first.
- I was using rental clubs.
- It was my second 18 of the day.
- The weather was bad.
- It was Sunday and I was walking my dog.
- My club won’t take scores from out of the section.
Or the reverse bagger………….
At age 70 in 2009, Bernie Madoff had a USGA Handicap Index of 9.8…….he had not posted a score since May of 2000………
What do you think his excuse was? I think he was too busy building pyramids……
Parts excerpted from Golf Digest Articles November 1987 and March 2009
Found on http://www.popeofslope.com